Pyramid Communications is hiring! We are looking for an intern to join our team.
WHO WE ARE
Pyramid Communications is a full-service strategy, communications, and creative firm. We have been working with nonprofit organizations, initiatives, foundations, government agencies, and Native tribes for 28 years.
ACROSS THE FIRM – WHAT WE DO
We are committed to working with mission-driven efforts and organizations that are changing our world for the better. Our multi-disciplinary team of strategists, content creators, digital and earned media specialists, and designers provide an array of strategic and communications services to clients working with diverse communities. We have worked collaboratively with a wide-range of clients and partners including W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Blackfeet Nation, Explore Washington Park, King County Family Homelessness Initiative, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
OUR NORTHWEST OPPORTUNITY – WHAT WE DO
We have a rare opportunity to make our region more prosperous than ever.
We can lead the largest salmon recovery effort in history, invigorate our economy, and honor tribal treaty rights. And we can do it while continuing our region’s legacies of clean energy and a strong farm economy.
Right now in the Northwest, salmon runs are close to extinction—and at the same time, our utilities are rethinking how we produce energy to stay competitive. By solving these two issues together, we can create the prosperous future our region deserves.
Over the last two years, we have been working with over 20 local and national organizations to change the conversation and advocate for a comprehensive solution that brings salmon back to abundance, honors our federal treaty obligations to tribes, maintains our region’s clean energy legacy, and strengthens our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A place where we can learn and grow together doing impactful work.
- The opportunity to join a team of talented people from diverse backgrounds and paths.
- A paid internship experience.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative support and management
- Organization and maintenance of various materials
- Writing and content development
- Drafting website and newsletter content
- Drafting internal and external facing materials
- Conducting issue specific research
- Coordinating outreach efforts as needed
- Performing various project specific tasks as needed
Some of the skills and experience that would help you succeed in this role include:
- A passion for grassroots organizing, advocacy, and policy-driven change
- Interest in environmental issues and tribal sovereignty
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- An ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite
This will be a 6+ month, 10-20 hour per week, paid internship position starting in December 2020. But we’re also looking for candidates year-round! Just a few days a week? Afternoons only? Short vs. long term? Let’s talk about it. We’d love to meet you.
GET IN TOUCH
Creating a supportive and inclusive environment is a priority for us and the work we do. Pyramid strives to be an equal opportunity employer. Submit your resume and a brief explanation of why you’re interested in working at Pyramid. We’d love to see the kind of work you can do. Want to meet the team or read a bit more about us? Visit pyramidcommunications.com/team