Strategist, Digital Communications
REPORTS TO: Lizzie Jespersen, Associate Director, Integrated Communications & Climate & Environment
LOCATION: Seattle, WA (could be remote for the right candidate)
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of day on March 22, 2023.
SALARY: $60,000 – $80,000
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package, including fully employer-paid health, dental, and disability insurance for eligible full-time employees; tax-free flexible spending account, subsidized transportation; generous vacation time; parental leave; wellness reimbursement; hybrid remote/in-person working environment; opportunities for profit-sharing; employer matching on your 401k; and retirement plans.
We encourage all members of our team to pursue ongoing professional development and engage in community service activities, and provide an annual budget to support these activities.
Applying a balance of creativity, marketing smarts, and passion for cause related work, as a Strategist, Digital Communications you’ll plan for and implement digital campaigns and communication efforts across multiple channels. This role is responsible for collaborating on everything from strategy to tactical execution of creative content and campaigns that support initiatives and causes to transform communities and our world.
Responsibilities will primarily include:
- Building integrated digital communications plans across multiple channels (i.e. social media, email, websites, paid digital advertising, and more).
- Conducting audits/reviews of analytics and metrics for social media, email, website, digital ad accounts, and more.
- Developing strategies and compelling content across digital channels, specifically:
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Paid digital media planning and management
- Website content management and page building (including WordPress, Squarespace)
- Evaluating key performance indicators for short and long-term campaign activations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Discussions and brainstorms on everything to digital-first creative concepts and to naming and messaging.
- Participating in business development activities and marketing efforts for the firm, as needed.
We recognize there are many paths and ways to grow into a career. While these are suggested skills, experiences, and capabilities, we encourage you to apply if you believe you have relevant experience that may not neatly align with the following suggested experience. Some of the skills and experience that would help you succeed in this role include:
- 3 – 5 years of experience working on social media management, content marketing, communications planning and management, and/or digital content creation.
- Experience with content development for various social media and email marketing platforms.
- Strong strategic thinking around how to best utilize digital channels to achieve certain goals.
- Experience with paid media placement for digital channels, such as Meta Advertising, Google Adwords, and LinkedIn Advertising.
- A willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An ability to organize and track multiple deadlines and project details and communicate effectively in a timely manner with internal staff, clients, vendors, etc.
Preferred, but not required:
We are actively looking for candidates with diverse experience and skills. We want to hear what you bring to the table. Experience that we are looking for includes but is not limited to:
- Comfort and familiarity with website content management systems (WordPress, Squarespace, Drupal, etc.), web analytics, and SEO.
- Experience working with non-profits, whether as a volunteer, employee, or board member.
- Experience working in a dynamic agency environment, or in an environment advising stakeholders.
- Experience working with Tribal or Native communities.
Pyramid is a team of creative strategists helping people make positive change. We want to partner with people who bring new ideas and ways of thinking. Who can help us seize on opportunities and drive the people our clients are trying to reach to take an action that can change the world, whether that’s through a vote, a donation, or something even more impactful.
At Pyramid, we respect and celebrate the diversity, creativity and strength of our community. Equity and Inclusion are a priority across all areas of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity—internally in our organization and externally with clients—and to promote equitable access and opportunity for all.
This job involves significant time sitting (or standing) at a desk, and using a computer.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.