Senior Strategist, Health Justice
REPORTS TO: Denise Rhiner, Director, Health Justice
LOCATION: Seattle, WA (could be remote for the right candidate)
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by the end of day on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
SALARY: $75,000 – $95,000
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package, including fully employer-paid health, dental, and disability insurance for eligible full-time employees; tax-free flexible spending account, subsidized transportation; generous vacation time; parental leave; wellness reimbursement; hybrid remote/in-person working environment; opportunities for profit-sharing; employer matching on your 401k; and retirement plans.
We encourage all members of our team to pursue ongoing professional development and engage in community service activities, and provide an annual budget to support these activities.
The Senior Strategist, Health Justice will work closely with the co-directors of the Health Justice practice to support and occasionally lead bodies of work. They will serve in a project management role, ensuring projects are driven forward in a timely, efficient and on-budget manner, with the support of the co-directors.
They will frequently be in contact with clients, helping to hold and steward the client relationship. And they will apply their health equity, communications, and strategy experience to the completion of specific deliverables—from communications plans to annual reports to strategic plans and many things in-between.
As part of this team, they will have the opportunity to build relationships with organizations large to small who are working to make an impact toward health equity. The opportunity for growth and development is high. This role will interface with thought leaders and visionary implementers across the U.S., including those on our own team!
Responsibilities will primarily include:
- Working closely with clients and internal teams to develop a clear vision of success for projects, and to align project teams around that vision, project goals, and scope of work
- Ensuring role clarity for internal project teams
- Supporting internal team coordination
- Serving as a point of contact for most clients, supporting ongoing flow of communication between the client and team members
- Developing and managing project timelines and budgets, including updating projections and providing regular team updates
- Managing monthly client invoicing
- Serving as the project lead for some bodies of work, leading strategy and executing deliverables
- Contributing insight and deliver services to client projects ranging from research, to content development, to facilitation
- Contributing to the development of proposals
- Coordinating regular Health Justice practice group meetings
- Contributing to the overall strategic direction of the Health Justice practice
We recognize there are many paths and ways to grow into a career. While these are suggested skills, experiences, and capabilities, we encourage you to apply if you believe you have relevant experience that may not neatly align with the following suggested experience.
Some of the skills and experience that would help you succeed in this role include:
- Experience in or strong familiarity with healthcare or public health fields
- Understanding of what health equity looks like programmatically and systematically, and brings this to bear on how client work is carried out
- Experience with project management, including management of multiple timelines, budgets, and resources
- Experience with messaging, public relations or communications strategy
- Strong writing skills in a variety of formats
- Comfort and some familiarity with basic facilitation skills
- An enjoyment of digging into the details, while able to see a larger picture
In addition to experience, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Inspired to activate equitable, holistic visions of health
- Unafraid to jump in and be proactive—doesn’t wait for direction, unless it’s necessary
- A willing communicator to keep work flowing
- Confident, yet knows there’s more to learn
- Team oriented and collaborative, but able to work independently
- A willing contributor of their own ideas to collaborative work
Preferred, but not required:
We are actively looking for candidates with diverse experience and skills. We want to hear what you bring to the table. Experience that we are looking for includes but is not limited to:
- Agency experience (creative or communications)
- A degree in a related field such as public health, communications, English, journalism, marketing, or equivalent work experience
About the Health Justice Practice
We’re moving toward a world where holistic, community-based public health and wellness is the norm—where our society actively addresses the impact of oppression on health and well-being. We see communications as a tool to create that world and to shape systems—following the lead of communities most impacted by health inequities.
Our team works with inspired leaders who are activating equitable and holistic visions of health and BIPOC-led organizations supporting the health of communities most impacted by inequities. We also support an array of larger health-related organizations and institutions who are bringing health equity to the forefront of their work.
Pyramid is a team of creative strategists helping people make positive change. We want to partner with people who bring new ideas and ways of thinking. Who can help us seize on opportunities and drive the people our clients are trying to reach to take an action that can change the world, whether that’s through a vote, a donation, or something even more impactful.
At Pyramid, we respect and celebrate the diversity, creativity and strength of our community. Equity and Inclusion are a priority across all areas of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity—internally in our organization and externally with clients—and to promote equitable access and opportunity for all.
This job involves significant time sitting (or standing) at a desk, and using a computer.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.