Specialist, Marketing & Business Development
REPORTS TO: Alex Withrow, Associate Director, Business Development
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of day on Thursday, July 6, 2023.
SALARY: $60,000 – $70,000
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package, including fully employer-paid health, dental, and disability insurance for eligible full-time employees; tax-free flexible spending account, subsidized transportation; generous vacation time; parental leave; wellness reimbursement; hybrid remote/in-person working environment; opportunities for profit-sharing; employer matching on your 401k; and retirement plans.
We encourage all members of our team to pursue ongoing professional development and engage in community service activities, and provide an annual budget to support these activities.
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist will serve in a dual role at Pyramid, spending approximately 50% of their time on business development and marketing, and the other 50% managing project work.
This person in this role will support Pyramid’s business development strategy and activities, including developing proposals and tracking the pipeline. They will also help with Pyramid marketing efforts, including managing the firm’s social channels.
On the project side, the person in this role will proactively manage project teams, work flows, resources, and client relationships on a project-basis to drive the work forward. They will hold primary responsibility for effective management of project budgets, deadlines, and details.
Responsibilities will primarily include:
Business Development & Marketing
- Work with leadership across the firm to identify and implement business development goals and strategies across the firm
- Lead strategic new business opportunities
- Overseeing new business pipeline with an eye to firm capacity and resourcing, including:
- Identifying where we need additional capacity or resources
- Supporting strategic allocation of work based on the interests and skills of team members
- Track trends across the firm’s business development efforts
- Draft, edit, and/or format proposals for new business
- Manage Pyramid social channels, email marketing and web content
- Identify opportunities for conferences, field building, and community engagement
- Working closely with clients and internal teams to develop a clear vision of success for projects, and to align project teams around that vision, project goals, and scope of work
- Ensuring role clarity for internal project teams
- Supporting internal team coordination
- Supporting client communication and managing client expectations.
- Developing and managing project timelines and budgets.
- Managing monthly client invoicing
- Contributing insight and delivering services to client projects ranging from research, to content development, to facilitation—depending on your own particular interests, skills and passion
We recognize there are many paths and ways to grow into a career. While these are suggested skills, experiences, and capabilities, we encourage you to apply if you believe you have relevant experience that may not neatly align with the following suggested experience. Some of the skills and experience that would help you succeed in this role include:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- An ability to coordinate a team and drive work forward
- An ability to manage multiple deadlines, projects, and people in a fast-paced environment
- Experience tracking and analyzing data using Excel or Google Sheets
Preferred, but not required:
We are actively looking for candidates with diverse experience and skills. We want to hear what you bring to the table. Experience that we are looking for includes but is not limited to:
- 2 – 5 years experience working in a business development related field or role
- Experience with business development and/or project management
- Communications or creative agency experience
- Digital communications and social media skills
- Experience developing proposals and/or budgets
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, journalism, or equivalent work experience
Pyramid is a team of creative strategists helping people make positive change. We want to partner with people who bring new ideas and ways of thinking. Who can help us seize on opportunities and drive the people our clients are trying to reach to take an action that can change the world, whether that’s through a vote, a donation, or something even more impactful.
At Pyramid, we respect and celebrate the diversity, creativity and strength of our community. Equity and Inclusion are a priority across all areas of our organization. We are committed to using our time and resources to help identify and eliminate disparities based on identity—internally in our organization and externally with clients—and to promote equitable access and opportunity for all.
This job involves significant time sitting (or standing) at a desk, and using a computer.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.