Position: Digital Strategist
Reports to: Director, Social and Channel Strategy
Office location: Seattle, WA
Applying a balance of creativity and industry expertise, as a digital strategist you’ll plan for and support the development of integrated digital strategies for campaigns and communication plans across multiple channels. You’ll collaborate closely with the creative services team and issue-focused producers to develop creative digital solutions to communicate about some of the world’s most intractable challenges.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Counsel and collaborate with Pyramid staff and clients on how to craft innovative digital strategies that bring awareness and spark action on a wide-range of issues that challenge the norm and push the boundaries of what’s possible
- Provide internal and client-facing strategic consulting, marketing and communications planning, and oversight (and, in some cases, implementation) of execution related to:
o Content planning and development
o Social media strategy and planning
o Email marketing strategy and planning
o Digital media buying and planning
o Community growth and lead generation strategy and planning
o Evaluation tracking and reporting
- Participate in and be ready to lead discussions and brainstorms from everything to creative concepts and ideas for awareness, engagement, growth, or fundraising campaigns, branding, naming, and messaging, as needed
- Provide internal and client-facing consulting related to digital strategy, including website design and functionality, content strategy, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, and best practices related to SEO and web analytics
- Support the work from the Social and Channel Strategy Director and CMO responding to new business opportunities, proactively thinking about ideas for existing and potential clients, and drafting proposals and scopes of work
- 2-4+ years of experience working in social media management, content marketing, communications planning and management, and/or digital strategy
- A passion for making a positive difference in our world
- A curiosity and fascination with emerging technology, channels, and digital media tools, and a willingness to teach others
- A collaborative meets entrepreneurial approach to solving problems
- An ability to think creatively and agilely about solving complex problems under pressure
- An ability to organize information and communicate effectively with a wide-variety of audiences, including internal staff, clients, board members, vendors, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with website design and usage best practices; website content management systems (WordPress, Squarespace, Drupal, etc.); search engine optimization; and web analytics
- Experience and familiarity with content writing and development for various social media and email marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Convio, etc.) and understanding native and third-party reports and analytics
- Experience and familiarity with paid media campaign planning and execution for various channels (SEM/Google AdWords, social, display, pre-roll video, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with email marketing campaign development, CRMs, and email acquisition
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with non-profits, whether as a volunteer, employee, or board member, and/or familiarity working with clients with modest budgets
- Experience working in a dynamic agency environment
- Comfort thinking about how the offline world intersects with online experiences, and vice versa
- Experience assisting with business development, marketing, and pitching new business
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day, and frequently lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To apply for the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Digital portfolio or work samples are encouraged.